Log in or create a new account.
Excellence in Remodeling Awards
Create a new account
• You must be a current BIAW member
• Projects must be completed after Jan. 1 of the previous year
• Photos, floor plans, and descriptions should not be marked with any form of company identification
• You may submit your home as an entry
• A company may submit only one project per category
• A project may only be entered in one category, i.e., an ‘entire house’ project may not be submitted as a project in the kitchen category, bath category, etc.
Entry Fees & Deadlines
Entries are $75 each. The final deadline is Friday, April 21st at 11:59 PM.
Projects are judged by a panel of industry experts from various fields of expertise.
Entries will be judged in accordance with the following criteria:
• Special or unique design solutions
• Quality workmanship
• Use of appropriate building materials
• Budgetary consideration
• Challenges and/or obstacles
The EIR Awards judging committee reserves the right to combine or eliminate any category or categories due to insufficient entries. Additionally, the committee reserves the right to create new categories should the EIR judges determine a situation warrants such action. Judges may also re-categorize any entry, if in their opinion, it has been entered in the wrong category, or if the entry is better suited to another category. Special awards may be presented at the judges’ discretion.
Tips for Writing your Description
Main objective of the remodel
- What did the customer want from the remodel? More living space?
- Modernization? Recreate original design (historical)?
Creative and efficient use of space
- Describe how space played a role in the remodel. Narrow property?
- Water views? Severe slope? Existing structures?
Special or unique circumstances and solutions
- What, if any, obstacles did you face? Universal design issues?
- Height restrictions? Built Green standards?
Use of appropriate building materials
- Describe the type and quality of materials (in simple terms).
Quality of workmanship
- Pump yourself up and let the judges know the quality of your work.